First Class Beginner Lesson
The Best For First-Timers
Summit West Only
9AM, 11:30AM, 2PM, 5PM, OR 7:30PM
1 Hr 45 Min Lesson
Ready to join the fun and learn to ski or snowboard? Our First Class beginner lesson will get you started and keep you moving in the right direction as you work hard to build your on snow skills. First-timers will start in the flats and use a combination of Terrain Based Learning™ features and teaching techniques to help get you into the “Flow” for optimal learning, have as much fun as humanly possible, and help get you balancing and sliding on your equipment. We match you with others of similar ability so you'll learn in an unintimidating environment and make new friends. Building friendships and having "ski buddies" to go with is an important part of progressing into a confident skier or snowboarder. We can help!
- Lift ticket and rental equipment are included
- Must be reserved online at least 48hrs in advance
- Available Wednesday-Sunday
- For Red level skiers/riders only (first-timers or for those that need more practice before moving up to the magic carpet lift)
Prices & Options
Midweek Day Package - $169Includes Lesson, Rental, & Ticket (9AM-2PM OPTIONS)
Midweek Night Package - $156Includes Lesson, Rental, & Ticket (5PM-7:30PM OPTIONS)
Weekend/Holiday Day Package - $189Includes Lesson, Rental, & Ticket (9AM-2PM OPTIONS)
Weekend/Holiday Night Package - $176Includes Lesson, Rental, & Ticket (5PM-7:30PM OPTIONS)
Prices shown are subject to change without notice. All rental equipment requires a valid credit card on file for pick-up.
Check-In Times & Arrival
Plan to arrive at the Summit West "First Class" check-in desk near guest services inside the Welcome Center building. The entrance is adjacent to the ticket windows in the lower plaza. Please arrive at checkin at least 45 minutes prior to your lesson meeting time to get checked in and to collect your tickets and equipment. Allow plenty of time to get parked and locate the check-in desk, especially if this is your first time.
- Reservations must be made online at least 48 hours in advance. This lesson cannot be purchased at the mountain. Availability is limited, so plan ahead.
- Rental equipment must be returned prior to the closing time of the mountain area on the date of your lesson.
- Lift tickets are valid on Magic Carpet lifts only, until close for each lesson visit.
- Lessons are non-transferable, non-refundable, and are valid during the season of purchase only.
- Parents must pick-up children promptly at the end of the lesson.
Please review our guidelines for demonstrating independence and adult partners. An adult partner is required to attend the lesson until the instructor confirms that the student demonstrates independence in the context of the lessons.