Employee Kick-off Event
Employee Kick-off Event
10AM - 2PM
Saturday & Sunday, Nov. 21-22, 2020
There’s plenty of fresh snow on the ground and more in the forecast! With winter knocking at our door, we’re excited to welcome new hires and welcome back our returning staff for the winter.
Join us for our Employee Kick-off Event and paid departmental training sessions November, 21st-22nd at Summit West. New and returning staff are invited for I-9/Paperwork completion, uniform distribution, and training sessions either Saturday or Sunday. Arrival times vary by department - you can view your department's info below. If you’re working this year, please plan to attend to finish your onboarding process.
Employees Hired For 20-21 Winter Season
This event is for employees who have been hired for the 20-21 season. Being hired means you already applied, were offered a position, received onboarding information via email, and you've completed all of the onboarding tasks before the event. If you haven't been hired for this season yet, be sure to complete your application NOW and contact your former manager to get your onboarding done before the weekend. This event does not feature any type of Job Fair component, such as interviews.
Bring Your I-9 Documents
Be ready to start work day one by getting your I-9 completed & turning in any outstanding paperwork. You'll need to bring the appropriate current documents to complete your I-9. The government requires that you physically show us documents on or before your first day of work that prove your identity and prove your authorization to work in the US. Don't forget to bring your identification document(s) - here are the most commonly used for verification:
- Passport or passport card, either of these options make things easy because it's ONE document that proves identity and authorization to work in the U.S.
- A driver's license (shows identity) paired with either a social security card or a birth certificate (shows the ability to work in the U.S)
- Note: All identification documents must be current and cannot be expired.
- Other documents can work, too. View Other Acceptable Verification Documents Here.
Returning Staff Members
If you haven't already actually applied to return to work this season, you've gotta' do that first. Submit your application online now so that your manager can get your onboarding paperwork processed prior to coming up to the mountain. We're stoked to see you back this winter!
Before You Hit The Road:
- Fill out the Employee Health Check form.
- This is our resort's mechanism for assuring that all team members are symptom-free and exposure-free before setting foot on the property.
- Bookmark the link - You'll be using it every day before you leave home to come to work (or to this event).
- We're all expected to complete the health check before we drive up.
- STAY HOME if you're not feeling well, if you have a fever of 100.4F or above, or if you're exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19.
Better safe than sorry! Nobody wants to be the reason we lose the season.
All other departments please contact your manager for specific details regarding paid training. You are welcome to drop by West Ticket Booth anytime 10am-2pm for I-9/Paperwork.
Be sure to pickup your uniform before your first day of work and be ready to roll this season. We'll be providing uniforms to staff members during the kick-off & paid training event. Attend to grab your gear!
Increased Referral Rewards
We've increased the employee referral rewards again this season! Bring a friend to work at The Summit and make $125 per referral. That's right, if you refer four friends that's $500 in your pocket!
The employee you refer needs to work their assigned schedule through at least President's Week in order for payout.