Photo & Video Workshop
- GAIN MORE SKILLS BEHIND THE LENS
Photo & Video Workshop
8:30AM - 2PM
Saturday, February 16, 2019
Whether you're a seasoned pro or new to shooting in the snow, this workshop is designed to teach techniques used by industry professionals. Snowy environments present many unique challenges to photographers such as dealing with ever-changing light, extreme contrast situations, gear management, subject direction, and just being comfortable and productive in harsh environments. We've rounded up three local industry professionals to share their knowledge and experience on how to capture the perfect image no matter the conditions.
We'll cover everything from choosing the right gear, to shooting beautiful scenery, to capturing high-level action in the terrain park, and much more. Don't expect long lectures here, we want to get you outside with cameras in hand as that is the best way to learn how to conquer shooting in snowy environments. The pros will work with you side-by-side to set up your shots and help you maximize your productivity and quality of content. Partnering with Sony Alpha, students will be able to test out the same gear the pros use. Have your own gear? No problem, no part of this workshop will be brand-specific.
Intermediate & Advanced Skiers or Snowboarders Only
- 8:30am: Meet at Silver Fir brown bag room
- 9:15am: Head out on the hill - Focusing on natural scenery, general tips & tricks when working in winter conditions
- 11am-12pm: Lunch at Silver Fir Lodge
- 12pm: Group meets back up and heads to Terrain Parks - Focusing on action shots, working with athletes, & shot preperation.
- 2pm: Wrap-up and post shooting work flow, gear managements, Q&A time
What To Bring
- Personal camera equipment - We will have Sony equipment available to demo, but it will be helpful to compare to your own gear.
- Additional batteries or charger
- Ski or snowboard equipment and helmet
- PEEPS Pass
Riley runs FlowPhotoCo an adventure photography company out of North Bend, WA. He strives to create emotional, raw, and gritty images that inspire the viewer to explore their own possibilities. You'll find FlowPhotoCo images in outdoor magazines from around the globe.
Mark is a seasoned skier and local to The Summit at Snoqualmie. Skiing and shooting alongside pros from all over the country, Mark's winter sports photography is used by companies all over the U.S. You'll learn more about working with athletes, teams, and snowsports companies by spending the day with Mark.