Wild Skills Junior Patrol
9:30AM - 3:30PM
Saturday, March 23, 2019
Join us for Wild Skills Junior Ski Patrol, a day camp at Summit Central on Saturday, March 23! Young girls will learn mountain safety and first-aid while working with the strong women & men of the ski patrol community. This event is intended for intermediate to expert skiers/snowboarders ages 8-17 who identify as female.
This SheJumps Wild Skills event is structured as a full day camp experience, parents/legal guardians drop girls off, they're split into teams based on their skier ability and then rotate through different stations. Throughout the day, girls are taught a range of outdoor skills that are utilized by ski patrollers to keep the mountain safe. Girls will work alongside female patrollers and volunteers to learn more about the many facets of mountain safety and first-aid.
We will provide 1-2 female mentorship engaging all generations in the sharing of knowledge and understanding. Connecting experience, energy, and love for our natural places with the technical and survival skills girls need to get out and adventure.
- Girls ages 8-17
- Intermediate to expert level skiers & snowboarders
- Confidence skiing off-piste
- 9:30 - Registration opens, Location: Summit Central Ski Patrol Building
- 10:00 - Morning meeting
- 10:30 - All teams on mountain
- 1:00 - Lunch, LUNCH IS INCLUDED IN EVENT TICKET
- 1:30 - Avy Dog Demo - All teams
- 2:00 - Afternoon Station Set
- 3:30 - Awards/Check-out, Location: Summit Central Ski Patrol Building