Vertfest - SnowGoat Skimo
- MARCH 6TH, 2021
8:00AM - 12:00 Noon
Saturday, March 6, 2021
Categories: Open, Heavy Mettle, Splimo, and Youth
$80 ($50 for Youth <18) Day of registration +$20
After taking a year off last season, we are excited to welcome back Snowgoat Skimo and all competitors this season for Vertfest 2021. This season, Vertfest is modified to follow local rules and regulations surrounding COVID-19. We have opted to remove the gathering element (beer garden, live music, raffle), but we want to ensure you that the race itself will go on! There is still time to register for this legendary uphill race, so what are you waiting for?
- Vertfest will be held at Alpental
- Pricing $80 ($40 for Youth <18), Day of registration +$20
- Categories: Open, Heavy Mettle, Splitmo, and Youth
- Single loop for 2021, race to the top and back
- Starts directly in front of the lodges and ascends under Chair 1 climbers left.
Open, Heavy Mettle, Splitmo, and Youth
We are adjusting the Heavy Mettle criteria to open it up to more “general ski tourers”. The Heavy Mettle category will consist of racers with boots with three or more buckles and tele skiers.
Regardless, it will be posted in the results what general type of equipment you will be racing on. You will be able to look over the results and compare your results to others on a similar type of gear.
When registering, you will be asked what your expected finish rank will be. We will base wave starts off this so please be honest!
We are keeping the race to just a single loop for 2021, the race to the top of Alpy and back down!
The race will start directly in front of the lodges and ascend under Chair 1 climbers left. It will circle around loading for Chair 2 and go through a series of two bootpacks up under Chair 2. Finally, it tops out at the top of Chair 2 where Oreos and meat treats will await you. After your transition, ski through the Summit Gate down International and through Snakedance, back to Sessel and the finish.
Lap 2 (along with the legendary Vertfest afterparty) will be back in 2022!
- A helmet must be worn the entire race (skimo, skiing, climbing, or bike helmets allowed)
- Avalanche beacon, shovel, and probe (Race and Rec both)
- Eye protection
- Skis or snowboard with metal edges and retention system, minimum length 160cm for men, 150cm for women for skis.
- Climbing skins
- Pack that can carry skis
- A windproof upper body layer
- Water bladder or bottle
No mass start. Racers will choose their own start time between available hours (TBD). The cutoff will be 2.5 hours to complete the loop.
Alpental Base Area