Westy's Wildside WESTern Skimo Race Series
5:30PM - 9:00PM
Multiple Dates Available
Open, Heavy Mettle, Splitmo, & Youth Categories
Finally, a skimo race that is a bit more beginner friendly but still super fun and interesting! Westy's Wildside WESTern race series is designed to offer a good introduction into skimo racing, including a little bit of all the Skimo basics. Even if you’ve been skimo racing for decades, don’t ignore the race! It is still exciting enough and will be a great early season race to give you a benchmark for your training for the bigger races and test out any new gear you’ve gotten this season.
And to keep the fun going, the Summit of Snoqualmie is hosting live music at the Timberwolf Lodge after the race! Hang out, enjoy some beverages, and get your dance on if your legs can still take it.
Race Dates & Registration
- Full: $40
- 50% discount for Youth <18 (use code "Youth" at checkout)
- Price increases $10 two weeks prior to event. Price increases $20 for registration day of the event. No in-person registration; register via mobile phone at the Webscorer.com link up until race start.
- Full Distance: Open, Heavy Mettle, Splitmo, Youth
Criteria for the the Heavy Mettle category has been adjusted to open it up to more “general ski tourers”. The Heavy Mettle will consist of splitboarder, tele, and AT Skiers with skis 86mm and wider underfoot.
All catagories will start at the base of Julie's chair at Summit West and will take you on a tour of Summit West. Expect to Skin, Bootpack, and decend across Summit West reaching 1800' of gain, where you will finish lookers right of Little Thunder near the base area.
- A helmet must be worn the entire race (skimo, skiing, climbing, or bike helmets allowed)
- Avalanche beacon, shovel, and probe
- Eye protection
- Skis or snowboard with metal edges and retention system, minimum length 160cm for men, 150cm for women for skis.
- Climbing skins
- Pack that can carry skis
- A windproof upper body layer
- Water bladder or bottle
Summit West Base Area