For Beginner Skiers & Snowboarders
Summit West Only
9AM, 11:30AM, 2PM, 5PM, OR 7:30PM
1 Hr 45 Min Lesson
This lesson and package option is the easiest and most affordable way to progress to beginner lifts & terrain, and become a skier or snowboarder. Our professional instructors will help get you started and keep you moving in the right direction as you learn the foundational skills that enable a lifetime of fun on the snow. We match you with others of similar ability so you'll learn in an unintimidating environment and make new friends. Building friendships and having "ski buddies" to go with is an important part of progressing into a confident skier or snowboarder. We can help!
- Must be reserved online at least 48hrs in advance
- Available Wednesday-Sunday
- Lift ticket and rental equipment are available as add-ons.
- For Yellow and Green level skiers/riders only (beginners, but not first-timers)
Prices & Options
Midweek Lesson - $95Lesson Only
Midweek Day Package - $194Includes Lesson, Rental, & Ticket (9AM-2PM OPTIONS)
Midweek Night Package - $181Includes Lesson, Rental, & Ticket (5PM-7:30PM OPTIONS)
Weekend/Holiday Lesson - $115Lesson Only
Weekend/Holiday Day Package - $214Includes Lesson, Rental, & Ticket (9AM-2PM OPTIONS)
Weekend/Holiday Night Package - $194Includes Lesson, Rental, & Ticket (5PM-7:30PM OPTIONS)
Prices shown are subject to change without notice. All rental equipment requires a valid credit card on file for pick-up.
Reservations Now Available
This lesson is now availabe for reservation. Availability is limited, book today to secure your preferred date and time.
Check-In Times & Arrival
Plan to arrive at the Summit West "First Class" check-in desk near guest services inside the Welcome Center building. The entrance is adjacent to the ticket windows in the lower plaza. Please arrive at checkin at least 45 minutes prior to your lesson meeting time to get checked in and to collect your tickets and equipment. Allow plenty of time to get parked and locate the check-in desk, especially if this is your first time.
What To Expect
Yellow Level Lesson
Students will hone on their skills in the magic carpet area and work their way to the beginner chairlift.
Magic Carpet Area
- Yellow Level Lesson
Green Level Lesson
Students will do some work on the magic carpet and then head to the beginner lift to practice their skills on Green level slopes.
- Green Level Lesson
Please review our guidelines for demonstrating independence and adult partners. An adult partner is required to attend the lesson until the instructor confirms that the student demonstrates independence in the context of the lessons.
- Reservations must be made online at least 48 hours in advance. This lesson cannot be purchased at the mountain. Availability is limited, so plan ahead.
- Rental equipment must be returned prior to the closing time of the mountain area on the date of your lesson.
- Lift tickets are valid until close for each lesson visit.
- Lessons are non-transferable, non-refundable, and are valid during the season of purchase only.
- Parents must pick-up children promptly at the end of the lesson.