Is Your Child Independent?
If you are concerned about your student’s ability to demonstrate independence on the mountain, we advise that you take the time to read through this information in its entirety so that you understand exactly what is that you are committing to should you decide that you want to participate in lessons this season.
Students will need to have an Adult Partner remain with them during lessons until they are able to demonstrate to their instructor that can do the following independently and/or unassisted:
- Put on, take off, adjust, and knock snow out of their Equipment:
- Goggles and Helmet
- Jacket and Snow Pants
- Note: In the event, your student needs to go to the bathroom they will need to be able to get dressed independently.
- Skis, Snowboards, Boots, Poles, Bindings, etc.
- Take care of personal hygiene needs like wiping their noses and using the bathroom.
- Get up from a fall, collect their equipment and rejoin their group without physical assistance.
- Note: In the event of an accident or a situation that threatens life or limb, our instructors are trained to respond accordingly.
- Stay with the instructor and group.
- Safely approach, load, ride, unload and move away from the chairlift.